Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Menagerie






Dear Mom,
I love you. I love you when you try to color my gray hair with a sharpie; I love you when you tell me I would look prettier if I fixed my hair; I love you when you always want to go to the thrift store to buy furniture you don't need; I love you when provide people who don't need to know with an embarrassing amount of information about my life; I love you when you tell me about shoe sales at Dillard's (and occasionally let me take your Dillard's charge); I love you when you try to flirt with boys on my behalf; I love you when you can't find the glasses you literally just put down two minutes ago; I love you when the phone rings 800 times a day and you talk loudly while I am trying to watch my stupid TV shows; I love you when you vacuum on Saturday mornings; I love you when you eat your salad for lunch; I love you because you are patient and kind and selfless; I love you all the time, especially when you make me macaroni and cheese for dinner.
Love, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment