Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Litany of Hellos.
Hello weariness-- you've set in again.
Every year around this time, you sap my strength and motivation to complete any school related task. I am just tired of you, weariness, then again, that is what you're best at--making me tired.

Hello jellyfish-- you were my favorite picture this week.
I loved how you danced through the tank of water that looked
like a twilight sky. I am still scared of you, though; I don't mistake that grace and dainty demeanor for kindness. I respect that, jellyfish, so let's keep our distance this summer.

Hello exciting, vibrant, shiny new shoes-- you haven't arrived yet but I am expecting to buy you soon. However, weariness keeps reminding me that I have a lot of other stuff I can do before I sit down and purchase you. Here's to hoping you will adorn my feet soon.



Hello raspberry lattes-- you've helped me overcome those late nights creating yet another set of close reading questions for Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Thank-you, raspberry latte, for at least helping me attain a facade of acuity. Starbucks, I am forever indebted-- literally and figuratively.



Hello mother's day flowers--no-- you will not be for me-- not for a long time. But I will still admire you. And I will place that order. . . . before Sunday. You will not be forgotten. At least I will make an attempt to be intentional as to not to forget.

Hello dear person who's just sifted through themuddledmorass that is my mind-- you've just read a rather inane blog post and that will stain my conscience for at least the next five minutes.

Apologies, apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment